This Blog will guide you about Trending 5 Places to Visit in Varanasi. Varanasi, also known as Kashi, is a city that exudes spirituality, culture and history. It is a city that holds immense importance for Hindus, Buddhists and Jains alike. If you’re short on time and want to explore the best of Varanasi in just one day, then this guide “5 Places to Visit in Varanasi” is for you. Here are the top 5 must-visit places in Varanasi that you can explore in a day.
Best time to Visit Varanasi
The best time to visit Varanasi is in winter from November to February when the day-time temperatures hover around a pleasant 20°C, though average low temperatures could go down to 5°C in Jan or Feb. The winters can be cold, but it’s the best time to sight-see, as you won’t get tired as easily. Apart from that, You can enjoy ghats with Hot tea which is a soul of People of Banaras.
- Kashi Vishwanath Temple: Start your morning with Darshan of Mahadev at Kashi Vishwanath temple. The Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most revered temples in India and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is a must-visit attraction in Varanasi and is located in the heart of the city. The temple has a rich history and is believed to bring blessings and prosperity to those who visit it. It’s also a one of the 10 Jyotirlings. Avoid Darshan on Monday because of huge crowd.
- Dashashwamedh Ghat: After the Darshan, head toward Dashashwamedh Ghat. It is is one of the oldest and most popular ghats in Varanasi. It is located on the banks of the river Ganges and is widely known for its evening Aarti ceremony. The Aarti time of evening is 7:00PM-8:00PM. The Aarti ceremony is a spectacle to behold and is an experience that you should not miss. Check the Images below
- Assi Ghat: Assi Ghat is another popular ghat in Varanasi and is located at the confluence of the river Ganges and the Assi River. It is a great place to experience the local culture and to take a boat ride on the river during Morning and Evening.
- Sarnath: Sarnath is a Buddhist pilgrimage site located just 10 kilometers from Varanasi. It is the place where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon after attaining enlightenment. The site has a rich history and is home to numerous ancient temples, stupas, and monasteries.
- Ramnagar Fort: Ramnagar Fort is a magnificent fort located on the banks of the river Ganges. It was built in the 18th century by the Maharaja of Banaras and is known for its stunning architecture and collection of vintage cars, weapons, and artifacts.
What will be the Sequence?
If you visiting Banaras in Early morning then follow below Sequence:
Dashashwamedh Ghat > Kashi Vishwanath temple > Ramnagar Fort -> Sarnath > Evening at Assi Ghat(Ganga Aarti with Chai)
If you visiting Banaras in after 10AM then follow below Sequence:
Kashi Vishwanath temple > Ramnagar Fort > Sarnath > Explore Evening at Assi Ghat > Dashashwamedh Ghat (Ganga Aarti with Chai)
Conclusion of 5 Places to Visit in Varanasi:
Varanasi is a city that offers a unique experience to travelers who are seeking spirituality and culture. With our guide to the top 5 places to visit in Varanasi in one day, you can experience the essence of the city and make the most of your time.
Book your trip to Varanasi today and get ready to explore the best of the city in just one day.