Varanasi offers a unique experience to anyone who visits and the top 5 things to do in Varanasi that We going to discuss in this blog are just the tip of the iceberg. One of India’s popular tourist destinations for its holiness and sacredness in India, Varanasi is the most ancient city where you feel the aura of remarkable histories and ancient Hindu mythologies, It is the most sacred Hindu city in India, also a place of one of the Jyotirlinga. Varanasi a place where people come to die with the hope that they will get MOKSHA ( removed from the human cycle of suffering)
So If you are planning a trip to Varanasi, here are the top 5 things to do in varanasi:
- Visit the Kashi Vishwanath Temple : The Kashi Vishwanath Temple is one of the most famous temples in India and is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is located in the heart of Varanasi and is considered one of the most sacred places for Hindus. The temple has been destroyed and rebuilt several times throughout history and the current structure dates back to the 18th century. The New Kashi Vishwanath Corridor is built recently with all proper arrangement of Easy Darshan for Lord Shiva. Visiting the Kashi Vishwanath Temple is a must-do activity for anyone visiting Varanasi. It’s the first thing you should do in top 5 things to do in Varanasi
- Take a boat ride on the Ganges : The Ganges, also known as the Ganga, is one of the most important rivers in India and is considered sacred by Hindus. A boat ride on the Ganges is a unique experience that offers stunning views of the city and its ghats (riverfront steps). The boat ride usually takes place during sunrise or sunset and you can witness the Hindu rituals that take place along the river.
- Attend the Ganga Aarti ceremony : The Ganga Aarti ceremony is a daily ritual that takes place at the Dashashwamedh Ghat and Assi Ghat in Varanasi. It is a Hindu religious ceremony that involves the offering of lamps to the river goddess Ganga. The ceremony is a beautiful spectacle that attracts thousands of visitors each day. If you are visiting Varanasi, attending the Ganga Aarti ceremony is an absolute must-do activity.It is one of the third thing in top 5 things to do in Varanasi.
- Explore the Narrow alleys of Varanasi : Varanasi is known for its narrow alleys, also known as gullies that are filled with shops, food stalls and temples. Exploring the narrow alleys of Varanasi is a unique experience that will give you a glimpse of the city’s rich culture and history. You can also try out the local street food, which is a must-try for any food lover.
- Visit the Sarnath Buddhist Site : Sarnath is a small town located near Varanasi and is considered one of the most important Buddhist pilgrimage sites in the world. It is where Lord Buddha gave his first sermon after attaining enlightenment and the town is home to several important Buddhist temples and monuments. If you are interested in Buddhism or history, a visit to Sarnath is a must-do activity.
In conclusion, Varanasi is a city that is steeped in history, culture and spirituality. It offers a unique experience to anyone who visits and the top 5 things to do in Varanasi that We have discussed in this blog are just the tip of the iceberg. Other activities that you can do in Varanasi include visiting the Ramnagar Fort, trying out the local silk sarees and attending the various festivals that take place throughout the year like Dev Diwali. If you are planning a trip to Varanasi, be sure to include these must-do activities in your itinerary.